Exemplary Ilonggo students with limited finances may now avail of Iloilo City Government’s Educational Financial Assistance Program for college students, also dubbed as Pag-ulikid Scholarship Program. Check out the qualifications and requirements below.
Pag-ulikid Scholarship Program is an initiative of Mayor Jose Espinosa III and was realized on Tuesday, May 8, through successful passage of a city ordinance pushed by Councilor Lady Julie Grace Baronda, chair of Committee on Education.
The scholarship program targets poor but exemplary and deserving students in Iloilo City who are not yet beneficiaries of the Iloilo City Community College.
A monthly stipend of P1,000 pesos or P5,000 per term or P10,000 per academic year will be given to students who meet the qualifications and pass the scholarship test.
“On the first year of implementation, we are getting 200 scholars that must successfully pass the scholarship test that will be conducted before the start of the school year,” Baronda posted in her Facebook account.
If you are interested to avail, here are the details:
• Resident of Iloilo City with good moral character
• Parents/guardian’s gross income should not exceed P220,000 per year
• Parents/guardian must be residents and registered voters of Iloilo City
• Graduate of senior high school with a general average not lower than 85% and no final rating of 80% in any subject in final year in high school
• Should obtain 85% score in the competitive examination (to be scheduled)
• An incoming 1st year college student and must enroll in any course provided by CHED in any college or university in Iloilo City except at Iloilo Community College
• Accomplished scholarship application form
• 2 passport size, colored ID pictures
• Certificate of Residency for the applicant and parents/guardian issued by the Punong Barangay.
• Certificate from the Comelec stating that the parents/guardian are registered voters of Iloilo City
• Income Tax Return if the parents/guardian have business or self employed
• BIR form 2316 if parents/guardian is employed
• Tax Exemption Certificate if parents/guardian belongs to non-formal employment
• Certificate of Good Moral Character and Form 138
May 11-25: Submission of Application
May 28-31: Checking of Pre-qualified Applicants
June 1: Posting of Pre-qualified Applicants
June 4-8: Competitive Exam and Finalization
June 15: Posting of Qualified Scholars
Application Form will be available starting Friday, May 11. You may get and submit at Iloilo City Youth Development Division, Room 614, Iloilo City Hall, Plaza Libertad, Iloilo City.